Monday, February 15, 2016

Advice for Beginners

 
You know that feeling you get when you walk into Sephora and your palms start to sweat and your heart is beating really fast. Yup I used to get that all the time.
You feel everyone staring and think the Sephora worker is going to laugh at you if you ask a question. Relax. If you walk into the store with confidence and a list of items to buy you will be okay.
If anyone knows how difficult it is to put makeup on it is definitely me. It wasn't that long ago where I would leave the house with cheap eye shadow and crooked eyeliner.
Luckily the wonderful world of YouTube showed me the light.
 
 
First you need the essentials: Makeup brushes, foundation, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, moisturizer, lipstick, blush and mascara. It may seem like a lot but think of it as an outfit.
Jeans, shirt, bra, undies, socks etc.
 
 
I prefer to go to ULTA. You can get high end items like Urban Decay, Tarte, Lorac etc
and Drug Store items like Maybelline, L'Oreal, Cover Girl etc.
I also love going to Target to pick up my ELF Cosmetics. Many items between $1-$3.
 
 
Now the trick to finding the right colors for you is simple.
When testing foundations, swatch it on the inside of your wrist. That is the closest to your complexion. You don't want to try multiple products on your face. You can get bacteria and pimples that way. When testing lipstick, swatch it on the top of your hand. I would suggest get a daytime color like nude, mauve, pinks and a nightime color like red, plum, brown.
 
 
 
When you are sitting in front of your mirror think to yourself.
WHAT LOOK AM I GOING FOR TODAY? Do I want a soft everyday look or am I vamping it out today? Whatever you decide just always remember to not overdo it. You do not want to look like you got hit with a box of crayons. BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. I cannot stress that enough.
 
 
Now I like to do my eyes first. This so when you get eyeshadow fallout you can clean it up afterwards and do not have to worry about re-doing your foundation. Prime lids (this will keep your eyeshadow in place), apply eyeshadow, apply liner and last is mascara. Always apply moisturizer before the foundation. Foundation can dry out your skin and clog your pores. Daily skin care is a must. Last is lipstick. Some people line their lips with lip liner first so you can avoid lip bleeding
(when your lipstick starts to smear and you get these little lines around your lip).
If you choose to use lipliner make sure it is closest to the lipstick color as possible.
 
 
Remember to watch as many YouTube makeup tutorials as possible.
If it wasn't for those videos I would not be where I am today.
Remember...PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!!
 
Stay Beautiful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment